Welcome to the Transition page for The Oakwood Academy.
The Oakwood Academy invite all prospective year 7 parents/carers to a coffee morning/afternoon held at the academy. This is an opportunity for you to meet key staff who will support your son/daughters transition, listen to information regarding their start to the academy and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have in an informal setting.
The coffee mornings and afternoons are on the following dates:
- Monday 24th April - 9.30am to 11.00am
- Thursday 27th April - 1.30pm to 3.00pm
- Monday 8th May - 9.30am to 11.00am
- Thursday 11th May - 1.30pm to 3.00pm
We ask that all parents and carers interested in attending these session make an appointment with Mrs Wright, telephone (0115) 953 9323 ext 212, email
If this is your first experience of secondary school as a parent, many things will be new to you and whilst there are some similarities with primary school, many things will also be different. If you already have a child at The Oakwood Academy, there has been some significant changes.
The Oakwood Academy is part of the Redhill Academy Trust and shares its ethos. We believe as a school we should:
- have high expectations of all students
- value and celebrate academic achievement
- provide consistently high quality, focused teaching
- widen students' experiences through a range of extra-curricular activities.
We believe working in partnership with parents and carers will help us achieve our vision, that all students will reach their potential at The Oakwood Academy. We have numerous systems in place to support and strengthen this partnership.
For more information, click
here to download our 'Making the Move' booklet. (PDF)
here to see our Transition Flyer. (PDF)