Year 10 Work Experience
22nd – 26th June 2015
Deadline to secure your placement is Friday 13th February.
If you need help please see Mr Jones in school.
What are the benefits of doing work experience?
Learning about a job or industry, and making contacts
- During work experience you can see first-hand what happens in a typical day in a workplace.
- Getting a realistic idea of the positive and negative parts of a job helps you make a more informed choice.
- Meeting people in the job means you can ask them questions, such as what they like best about their job, how they ended up in their line of work, and what qualifications they have.
- Meeting people in the job also helps you to start building a network of contacts in an industry you like, which can help you find a job later on.
- You can learn about related jobs in the same field, which could give you more ideas about what kind of career you might go into.
Improving your job opportunities later on
- Job advertisements often ask for people with experience. Work experience can be the kind of experience an employer is looking for. It also proves you were motivated enough to find out about their industry.
- Doing work experience lets a potential employer see what kind of person you are - and you also get to find out about the employer. If the employer likes your attitude and you are a good fit for the company, there could be a potential job offer later on